Director, People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Redwood Shores, Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Director, People Operations who will own scalable programs that work directly with executives, managers and leaders to support their business outcomes. This individual will serve as a trusted and collaborative advisor in delivering end-to-end HR solutions. You will build, roll out and drive programs and HR operations initiatives that help client groups meet the challenges of a fast-growing organization.
This role is critical in executing our global people initiatives while ensuring alignment with Observe.ai’s company culture and business initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a culture and people first approach, have a passion for solving complex challenges, and thrive off of delivering strategic thought leadership and value-added counsel to drive a high growth business.
This is a great opportunity to be a true owner and offers tremendous growth as a People leader in a dynamic and fast-paced, growing, environment.
You’ll be reporting into our SVP of People. The position is hybrid (2x to 3x days a week) out of our Redwood City office.
What you'll be doing
- OWN People technology (BambooHR and other systems), partnering with stakeholders ensuring data integrity as the HRIS is our source of record. Can include assessing and implementing new systems as necessary
- Drive the global HR analytics strategy and data insights to inform key business decisions. Identify and report staffing, retention, attrition, and other data to business leaders and recommend and implement solutions oriented programs and/or enhancements across the employment lifecycle
- Provide global operational support on all people related initiatives and find opportunities to implement both tactical and innovative solutions to increase efficiency and enhance the WE Core Value of employee experience
- Develop and enhance people processes and programs (i.e. talent review, onboarding, offboarding, compliance, etc.); understand organizational needs and create policies and workflows that are efficient, scalable, and reflect the company’s culture
- As a trusted business partner with a CUSTOMER FIRST mindset by providing consultative advice, strategic partnership and counsel to senior leaders to address complex employee relations and performance issues
- Work on big challenges from critical organizational and people issues, to identifying and developing our key leadership talent, to culture and change management; while maintaining a GRIT mentality in scaling effectively & efficiently
- Understand the business strategy, talent and organization strategy and align these strategies to the current and future trends of the business that may impact workforce needs and initiatives (identifying talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans)
- Build strong and effective cross functional relationships with Finance, Legal, Operational solutions and IT to ensure business processes are optimized like headcount forecasting, budgeting, global compliance, etc
- AGILEness for both short term & long term business needs and pivoting between the two
Who you are
- 9+ years of core HR Operations experience (which includes systems, comp & benefits, processes and compliance) within a high-growth startup or business unit, preferably in the technology industry
- Strong knowledge of talent planning, organization design, and comp and benefits practices globally
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- A proven track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on critical initiatives
- Experience building and scaling people programs; as well as implementing/evaluating HR systems/tools
- Strong project management skills with a sense of urgency
- Analytically minded, possess a high attention to detail and take a data driven approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated capability of handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Systems experience with BambooHR, Lever, Compensation/Merit Cycle
- Previous background in operating within a small People/HR team where you’ve needed to wear multiple hats and roll up your sleeves
Nice to Haves
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Competitive compensation including equity
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance options
Flexible time off
Generous holidays and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support you in your continuing education journey and professional development
Fun events to drive towards our culture supporting a community of Connect, Collaborate, Celebrate
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.