Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As a Senior Epidemiologist, you will lead the conduct of observational research studies in support of pharmaceutical and device development and regulatory approval. The Senior Epidemiologist will lead studies of real world data across a range of disease conditions.
The Senior Epidemiologist will design methodologically-sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory requirements, will collaborate on analytic tasks, and lead writing of protocols, study reports, and peer-reviewed publications, with oversight by senior staff as needed. In this position, you will lead discussions with internal and client-facing teams to define research questions and interpret findings. You will collaborate in the development of data products and work with multidisciplinary teams to evaluate and improve the quality of a variety of data sources. You will provide epidemiology expertise to support the Business Development team in the design of study proposals and work with clients to refine the objectives of new data analytic and product initiatives.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Serve as project lead on moderate-to-large projects or in support of the project lead on larger client-facing or internal projects
- Author protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, and oversee timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting with input and oversight of senior staff
- Apply relevant epidemiological and outcomes research expertise to development of statistical analysis plans and interpretation of analysis output
- Independently generate content and direction for business development proposals on smaller projects with input from senior staff
- Lead the dissemination of research findings by authoring manuscripts and abstracts
- Support development of condition-specific disease registries, including design of registry data elements and developing condition-specific epidemiologic expertise
What Experience You'll Bring
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- High levels of organization and self-motivation, with the ability to determine and meet objectives
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field and at least 5 years relevant experience, or a PhD in the above fields
- Experience designing and performing high-quality pharmacoepidemiologic research, with experience using electronic health record and administrative claims data preferred
- Experience collaborating with regulatory agencies during the drug approval / post-marketing process preferred
- Experience with epidemiologic methods for handling real world data (e.g., advanced tools for confounding control, methods for handling missing data, external control arm design) desired
- Experience with SAS, SQL, or other statistical software useful but not required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
See more open positions at OM1
Something looks off?