Associate Director, Commercial Strategy
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
As we embark on our next phase of hypergrowth, OM1 is actively seeking an accomplished Director of Commercial Strategy. This pivotal role will help drive the formation and execution of OM1's commercial strategy, orchestrating efforts to maximize client value and sustain our market leadership. Reporting to the VP, Commercial Strategy, the Director will contribute critical analyses and insights to the commercial strategy and inform product roadmaps while cultivating collaboration across the company, working closely with subject matter experts, product leaders, and therapeutic franchise leaders. This role is integral to our future, offering the unique opportunity to build out key components of our hypergrowth roadmap to achieve our ambitious business objectives.
What You'll Do
- Unique Value Proposition Development: Develop in collaboration with multiple stakeholders the unique value proposition for the company, the unique value propositions for all services, products, and solutions.
- Content Creation: Create in collaboration with multiple parties all sales and marketing content, capabilities decks, RFP decks, and proposals.
- Market Penetration: Formulate go-to-market strategies, shaping the evolution of our services, products, and solutions roadmap based on client needs, competition, and market trends.
- Innovation: Execute initiatives to explore, pilot, and refine novel concepts, ensuring the continuous enhancement of our offerings.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Support relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, promoting synergy and alignment.
- Business Development Collaboration: Serve as a liaison to our business development team to enable them to effectively sell and position OM1's portfolio. Support RFP activity, proposals, and ensure alignment of external-facing collateral and materials to the commercial strategy.
- Performance Monitoring: Maintain a close pulse on the performance metrics of our offerings, identifying areas of opportunity and success.
- Commercial Market Intelligence: Carry out commercial market research efforts. Develop understanding of the market segments and customer segments, in order to define our overall service, product, and solution offerings that fit within the customer paradigm of future and current needs by segment and persona. Collect competitive insights to refine our strategic approach and sales positioning. Identify the stickiest and highest impact “use-cases” that will drive the fastest adoption and penetration. Design and implement ROI analyses demonstrating the value of OM1’s offerings to potential clients, pre- and post-delivery.
- Solution Design: Collaborate with cross-functional teams around the most effective and innovative service, product, and solution designs.
Experience You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field. An advanced degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in commercial strategy, management consulting, and/or related functions, with a solid track record in the pharmaceutical services and technologies domain.
- Proficiency in AI, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Big Data, coupled with experience in services, software products, SAAS, and data products (DaaS).
- Minimum of 2-5 years of direct and/or adjacent knowledge. Demonstrated understanding of how Real-World Evidence (RWE) and Real-World Data (RWD) inform the drug development cycle across segments like R&D, Regulatory, Medical Affairs & HEOR, Market Access, and Brands. A good understanding of integrated evidence generation planning
- Outstanding communication abilities with a knack for forging strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills, complemented by a data-informed decision-making approach.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and planning skills, coupled with the ability to conceptualize and execute intricate initiatives.
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.