Senior Product Analyst (Eastern Time Zone)
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. We've helped over a million people understand and improve their health by providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles.
Empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Analyst to join our team to lead our Research and Analytics function for our Consumer Software team. You will help us define product KPIs that ensure our teams are delivering member and business value while helping shape our key features focusing on health, sleep, and overall well-being. You’ll work closely with our consumer product teams and provide timely data and customer analytics that help us make this powerful product even more accessible and useful for our members.
You will be a strategic leader defining best practices for research and analytics across departments while going deep with software teams on defining and tracking goals and impactful key metrics and providing them with actionable insights across the customer lifecycle from acquisition and engagement to retention and churn. You will also help guide qualitative research by organizing interviews and user tests to understand the ‘why’ behind user behaviors.
Location: Remote USA (EST preference)
What you will do:
- Measure user data across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition and engagement to retention and churn, and report it to teams in an actionable, easy-to-understand format
- Explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as interviews, diary studies, workshops, surveys, and usability testing to help product managers and designers understand user needs and pain points.
- Work closely with product managers, designers and developers to track the impact of new mobile features and communications, and continually innovate Oura’s mobile experience.
- Participate in conceptualizing new features, create early user tests and incorporate data-driven insights to improve the user experience and the impact of our features on business goals. Create & execute on research plans— present key findings to product and business leaders to drive strategy and prioritization.
- Help teams define what success looks like through goals and key metrics. Support teams in designing experiments, analytics instrumentation and feature-specific dashboards to measure if we are reaching those goals
- Define cohorts, segments and personas based on usage patterns, engagement levels and demographic dimensions to better inform how our features impact different slices of our user base
- Champion a culture of data-informed decision making across the organization, while demonstrating an understanding of the requirements of a fast-moving hyper-growth startup
- Over time, grow the Research & Analytics function at Oura by building a team of product analysts and user researchers, and assist in defining the team’s processes and how it interacts with teams across the organization
- Work with Business Intelligence to ensure Oura’s data infrastructure and monitoring tools are consistently implemented and provide value across the organization
We would love to have you on our team if you have:
- 7+ years of experience working with analytics data from mobile apps
- Story or two of how analytics significantly impacted business results over your career
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Amplitude. Ability to manage a complex event taxonomy.
- Experience with statistical analyses and/or running AB tests.
- Experience in SQL. Python is a plus.
- Experience in Tableau is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Experience and/or interest in both quantitative and qualitative user research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with international groups and distributed teams is a big plus
At Oura, we care about you and your well-being. Everyone at Oura gets a ring of their own, and we’re continually looking for ways to improve everyone’s health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and mental health resources
- An Oura Ring of your own + employee discounts for friends & family
- Fertility benefits through Carrot Pro
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- $500 for initial WFH setup + $300 monthly wellness stipend
- $25 DoorDash credit every Friday for lunch
- 20 days of PTO + 13 paid holidays + 8 days of flexible wellness time off
- 5 days paid sick leave, four days bereavement leave, 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura takes a market-based approach to pay, which may vary depending on your location. US locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. While most offers will be closer to the starting range, successful candidates’ pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, internal peer equity, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Region 1 $155,000 - $165,000
- Region 2 $147,000 - $156,000
- Region 3 $139,000 - $148,000
- Region 4 $131,000 - $140,000
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.