PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub’s developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and real-time updates on a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral, delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. In addition, PubNub has raised over $130M from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
About The Job
As a Developer Advocate, you will use modern APIs to build open-source software examples and demos for PubNub’s mobile and other platforms combining PubNub APIs. In addition, you will use the latest technology and champion developer interests in your pick of niche communities. This role is ideal for those with a past job title of Developer Educator, Developer Advocate, Developer Evangelist, Developer Relations, Software Engineer, and the like. You work with developers and other departments to understand developer needs and translate those needs into solutions, such as code examples, demos, talks, videos, documentation, workshops, meetups, events, and more. You represent the developer and own developer problems externally and internally for the company and are confident in making a case presenting developer problems and solutions to other teams. You enjoy public speaking and sharing your work, and do it with a positive and outgoing attitude. Ongoing flexibility in how you work to accomplish your goals is ok with you. You like exploring programming languages and technologies you may not be familiar with and can rapidly assess how to produce and promote new content and solutions for your discoveries.
As a Developer Advocate, you will build relationships with the developer community by generating content that will:
- grow developer interest in PubNub.
- provoke more signups and trials for PubNub's service.
- educate developers about PubNub capability and implementation best practices.
- help customers integrate PubNub rapidly into their projects.
- Create technical, developer-centric content for the PubNub blog, tutorials pages, and external media.
- Create lectures and present at developer meetups before a technical audience.
- Travel to developer conferences, user group meetups, and hackathons and participate on behalf of PubNub.
- Do keyword research and SEO for all content that you create.
- Explore and use PubNub features and provide feedback to product teams.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand product functionality and represent the developer community's voice.
- Work with the marketing team to create a strategy for the developer funnel—report metrics of events and content.
- Higher education degree/certification in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Software Engineering and/or Developer Relations experience. We are looking for several years of experience in multiple languages that correspond to PubNub SDKs
The following is indicative of the types of experience we are looking for. You should be able to see yourself described in several of the following.
- The following is indicative of the types of experience we are looking for. You should be able to see yourself described in several of the following.
- Other API Development Experience (frameworks in languages like Python, Node.js, C#, PHP, Java, C++, or others).
- IoT (C or Python) Development Experience.
- Full Stack Web Application Development Experience
- Serverless Microservice Development Experience
- Image and Video editing skills for instructional videos and diagrams in blog/tutorial content
- Inherent sense of empathy for Developers in the community, your teammates, and co-workers.
- Demonstrate creativity, empathy, and outstanding communication ability - excellent spoken and written English.
- Happy to travel occasionally.
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly.
- An innate, heightened urgency to complete projects on time and with high quality.
- General Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills.
- Fluent in English
💫Remote First Company
💰Competitive salary based on geographical location & experience
Annual: $105,000.00 - $130,000.00
⚕️Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Benefits
🏝️Open Paid Time Off + 10 Paid Holidays
❣️Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
🌐Monthly Internet & Cell Phone Stipend
A message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. Factors affecting starting pay within this range may include geography, market, skills, education, training, experience, and other qualifications. The full salary range is also based on the successful candidate’s U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more information about the role in your location during the hiring process.