Senior Unity Developer
PubNub is revolutionizing how People engage and interact in today’s virtual world!
Today, We are increasingly embracing Digital environments and immersing ourselves in Virtual Spaces more than ever. Whether it is everyday activities such as tracking and mapping a pick up or delivery as it approaches our location, chatting in real-time, remotely controlling our thermostats, or synchronously collaborating with colleagues at work, engaging in multiplayer or simulation games, we are largely leading virtual lives. It is these real-time interactions that breathe life into Virtual encounters, making them as engaging and immersive as in-person ones.
PubNub offers an end-to-end Platform to Build, Optimize, and Deliver Real-time features within Applications that make Virtual experiences come alive. Our Developer Platform has been the most trusted Solution for leading global brands such as Adobe, Docusign, RingCentral and more not only because we enable them to Deploy Applications faster and Go to Market quicker but also offer unmatched Reliability, Scalability and Enterprise-grade Security to attract and create loyal Consumers.
As an industry Pioneer, PubNub’s expertise spans over a decade in shaping and delivering Real-time Communication and Messaging capabilities to over 2000 customers trusting our Platform to create 900,000+ Developer Projects to date. PubNub is headquartered in San Francisco, with team members across the USA, UK, Poland, India and Singapore.
PubNub is a Remote First Company.
We understand that there’s no one-size fits all approach to how we deliver our best work. Our employees can choose where they prefer to work—from home, an office, or their favorite coffee shop—in an open, transparent and collaborative environment.
About the Job
We are an all-star technical team consisting of folks who have been part of successful acquisitions in enterprise and consumer software companies. If you like real-time IAAS systems and engineering projects that redefine limits, PubNub is for you. We are looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about how developers interact with other systems using SDKs. Someone that understands the best SDK is one that has the best developer experience and knows how to create an experience by creating SDKs that can provide this. Ideally, this engineer will be very well versed in modern application architectures and will have used a number of SDKs from different programming languages or frameworks. As a Software SDK Engineer, you will collaborate with diverse stakeholders in the company to shape our best practices and standards. In the same time taking responsibility for:
- Contribute in architecture, design and development of various SDKs and their features with the PubNub platform.
- SDKs maintenance and optimization to adhere to the best developer experience and highly performance language constructs
- Contribution to practices including software roadmap definition with product owners and identifying areas to improve customer/developer experience based on feedback and continuous improvement of existing SDKs, services and platform.
- Collaboration with product management and the rest of the SDK Team to ensure the same SDKs behavior across SDKs
- Describing the technical usage of the SDKs you create In collaboration with technical writers and developer relations team members
If you love modern server and gaming solutions and you already practiced with Unity and C#, it simply means we are looking for you! To be specific, a strong candidate would have
- Minimum 4 years experience in writing Unity and 2 years experience in writing C#, together with a desire to continue in both
- Software design skills with knowledge of architecture and design patterns.
- Experience developing programming interfaces used by developers outside of their immediate team
- Desire to learn more technologies and programming languages
- A passion for teaching and helping others and a deep concern for how your work is experienced by others
- Strong believe that teamwork, transparency and good and active communication is best way for collaboration
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently on complex problems.
- Fluency in English
Additional Skills Needed
- Experience creating a product where the end user is other developers
- Past experience writing an SDK on top of a REST (or other type) API
- Prior experience in game industry
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools including unit testing, BDD and TDD approach
- Experience with work in agile environments, scrum preferable
- A participation with the open source community
- Previous start-up or small company experience
- Understanding on how to work with developers using PubNub’s SDKs
- 💰Competitive Salary: Monthly Range: PLN18,000 - PLN25,000
- 💰Stock Options
- 🚀PubNub Perks!
PubNub is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. We believe in Diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
Applicants in the Poland please note that this job is not eligible for work authorization. The factors affecting pay within this range may include your location, skills, education, training, experience, and other qualifications. Our recruiter can share more information on this during the hiring process.