Technical Support Escalation Engineer
PubNub is revolutionizing how People engage and interact in today’s virtual world!
Today, We are increasingly embracing Digital environments and immersing ourselves in Virtual Spaces more than ever. Whether it is everyday activities such as tracking and mapping a pick up or delivery as it approaches our location, chatting in real-time, remotely controlling our thermostats, or synchronously collaborating with colleagues at work, engaging in multiplayer or simulation games, we are largely leading virtual lives. It is these real-time interactions that breathe life into Virtual encounters, making them as engaging and immersive as in-person ones.
PubNub offers an end-to-end Platform to Build, Optimize, and Deliver Real-time features within Applications that make Virtual experiences come alive. Our Developer Platform has been the most trusted Solution for leading global brands such as Adobe, Docusign, RingCentral and more not only because we enable them to Deploy Applications faster and Go to Market quicker but also offer unmatched Reliability, Scalability and Enterprise-grade Security to attract and create loyal Consumers.
As an industry Pioneer, PubNub’s expertise spans over a decade in shaping and delivering Real-time Communication and Messaging capabilities to over 2000 customers trusting our Platform to create 900,000+ Developer Projects to date. PubNub is headquartered in San Francisco, with team members across the USA, UK, Poland, India and Singapore.
PubNub is a Remote First Company.
We understand that there’s no one-size fits all approach to how we deliver our best work. Our employees can choose where they prefer to work—from home, an office, or their favorite coffee shop—in an open, transparent and collaborative environment.
About The Job
The Support team at PubNub is crucial to our customers’ success because Earning Customer Loyalty is our top core value. We are looking for someone with the skills, energy, and passion for solving complex and exciting technical issues and providing real-world best-practice solutions for our customers.
The most important criteria we are looking for in a candidate are:
- Strong programming and technical troubleshooting skills — 3+ years of real-world app development.
- Support experience with real-time production systems.
- Firm grasp of web and mobile app technologies and architectures.
- Understanding of what PubNub does and other real-time messaging technologies.
- Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols is highly desirable.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for more than 70 PubNub SDKs and understanding how our real-time data stream network operates. This person will also work on other technical projects as required. Still, the primary directive will be to solve customer issues and provide best practice implementations and technical architecture overviews. As a result, your technical skills will be challenged daily.
As a fast-growing startup, we look for motivated self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. In this role, you will work on a small but growing support team on the first line (requesting detailed information through support tickets requiring additional research through log searches, replicating the issue, and implementing quick solutions or workarounds).
You don’t wait for people to get back to you – you get the answers you need to keep moving. But, most importantly, we look for people who can prioritize and deliver because it’s much more fun to get things done.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Take ownership and independently triage and troubleshoot technical support requests received via a ticketing platform, Slack Connect, web chat, and phone promptly
- Be the subject matter expert of our Product, SDKs, and Infrastructure, quickly becoming the go-to person for customer issues across PubNub.
- Respond to complex technical issues, identify the root cause, and drive the enterprise customer to resolution within defined SLAs.
- Determine new KPIs that should be monitored for detecting issues related to production systems, along with deploying monitoring solutions over the new KPIs.
- Design and deploy dashboards in NOC with new KPIs.
- Engage with the sales, account management, and solution architect teams on coordinated, proactive strategies for key accounts.
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis, which may include writing or modifying code and simulating failure situations.
- Work on existing ticketing solutions to create incident management and change control plans for multiple enterprise clients.
- Liaise with customers and PubNub Engineering to resolve complex enterprise customer issues and recommend or implement solutions.
- Work with the Product team to document customer feedback, enhancement requests, and product suggestions.
- Understand areas where manual tasks and operations can be automated by scripting in Python or bash, such as writing system integration scripts to connect internal solutions to cloud platforms for data consistency.
- Take leadership in building out PubNub's tiered structure global Support model while focusing on delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to test any solutions provided and deploy them in customer environments.
- Create code samples, tutorials, and articles for a centralized Knowledge Base.
- Handle incoming incidents reported by customers and perform initial troubleshooting as the first point of contact with customers.
- Understand core networking protocols used in the system (SIP / TCP IP / ISDN ) for troubleshooting underlying issues related to raw data or algorithms.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- MUST have 3+ years’ experience in building applications or supporting application development
Additional Skills Needed:
- Strong experience with at least two of the following languages: Python, Java/Android, Ruby, Go, Node, C/C++, Objective-C/Swift, C#
- Strong experience with REST and RESTful APIs
- Familiar with networking concepts like TCP/IP and HTTP
- Practical, day-to-day experience with Linux and proficient at the command line
- Experienced with standard GIT and working with Github repositories and GitHub PR requests
- Curiosity and a strong drive to learn the inner workings of a sophisticated distributed real-time system.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written skills) with internal employees & external customers.
- Passion for working on and explaining technical concepts in empathetic, understandable language to customers.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills. Highly detail-oriented.
- You are calm under pressure and fun to be around!
- 💫Remote First Company
⚕️Medical, Dental, Vision & Wellness Benefits
- 🌐Monthly Internet & Cell Phone Stipend
- 🚀PubNub Perks!
A message to applicants applying to work in India. Factors affecting starting pay within this range may include market, skills, education, training, experience, and other qualifications. The recruiter can share more information about the role and the hiring process.