Full Stack Software Engineer (Warsaw, Poland)
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we’re disrupting video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are deployed at thousands of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh Farms.
We’re solidly financed in our Series B status to continue to transform how organizations use their video footage. We’re backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP Ventures.
To learn even more about our product and why our customers love to partner with Spot AI, check out our YouTube channel!
Who You Are:
You are a skilled Full Stack Engineer with experience in developing customer-facing products. You possess a solid understanding of architectural design and decision-making, and you're eager to contribute to an award-winning product and engineering vision. Your approach prioritizes the customer's perspective, and you have a genuine passion for enhancing user experiences. You’re also highly motivated to continuously learn and adapt to new and exciting technologies in the field of software development.
When it comes to company culture, you appreciate transparent and frequent communication from all levels of the business during monthly all hands meetings and distributed written company strategy and vision documents; listening to customer calls (live or recorded); having weekly pizza and/or gaming hours with your colleagues; and sharing demo and AMA sessions with your peers.
If you are ready to be one of the first engineers in Poland, helping to shape our culture, processes and product, we’d like to hear from you!
What Excites You:
- When coding for the frontend of the software stack you enjoy working with technologies and languages like React, Typescript, GraphQL
- When coding for the backend of the software stack you enjoy working with technologies and languages like Node.js, Typescript, Postgres, Apollo GraphQL
- Knowledge of GCP offering (incl. BigQuery, BigTable, Cloud SQL, GKE) would be an additional asset
- Creating high-quality UIs that enhance the customer experience
- Building and owning features end-to-end
- Working closely with Product Managers and UX Designers to drive the design and implementation of key features
- Learning about customer problems and directly solving them with your work
- Working at a rapidly growing early stage startup with significant impact on the company’s processes, culture, and product
- Collaborating with a globally distributed team in a hybrid working environment to deliver a best-in-class frontend and backend experience (we work from an office space 3 days per week)
- Working with senior engineers that have backgrounds from reputable institutions like Stanford and companies such as Microsoft, Meta, Google, Samsara, HP, and more.
What Gets Our Attention:
- At least 3 years of shipping production quality code
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Modern frontend framework engineering experience
- Ability to write well designed, tested, and maintainable code
- Curiosity and willingness to jump into unfamiliar codebases
- Strong sense of UX design
- You have a strong customer-first mindset
- Experience using Git and Jira
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to be one of the first software engineers in the Spot AI, Poland location
- Base Salary Range: 18,000 - 25,000 PLN / month (Gross) as either a direct employee or in a B2B contract arrangement
- Generous early stage equity
- Company paid premium healthcare coverage for employee and dependents (we pay this directly for you as a direct employee, or provide a stipend as part of a B2B contract arrangement)
- An personal annual training budget to be used on classes, conferences, webinars, books, etc. related to your career and professional development
- The opportunity to travel to Spot AI locations in the U.S.A. to meet and collaborate in-person with team members
- Company supplied laptop, monitors and other equipment necessary for your role
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO (with a minimum of 20 days annually), and generous new-parent leave
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!