Software Engineer (Golang)
Join a team of world-class engineers working on the next generation of networking services using Istio, Envoy and a few of the open projects to define the next generation of cloud native network service. Seeking backend software engineers experienced in building distributed systems using Golang and gRPC. We are building a secure, and highly available service mesh platform for mission critical enterprise applications for Fortune 500 companies, spanning both the legacy and modern infrastructure. Should possess strong fundamentals in distributed systems and networking. Familiarity with technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, and Envoy, as well as open contributions would be a plus.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed – oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- Experience building API driven platforms using Golang and gRPC.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio.
- Excellent understanding of networking concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts.
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with hardware load balancers (F5), HSM modules, Active Directory/LDAP is a plus.
Worldwide – Remote, with access to offices in SF Bay Area, Barcelona Spain, and Bandung/Tangerang, Indonesia.
Something looks off?