Technical Support Engineer
Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables a safe and fast application modernization journey for our customers. We were recently named a 2022 & 2023 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
The Tetrate Customer Support team at Tetrate helps customers across the globe to be successful with their transition, adoption and operation of their service mesh.
The Customer Support is composed of Technical Support Engineers and Customer Reliability Engineers, providing the best support today and ensuring that it is even better tomorrow. While Technical Support Engineers work closely with the Customers to resolve their problems, Customer Reliability Engineering provides improvements to speed up troubleshooting and restoration of the issues. Customer Support leverages SMEs when required, bringing deep knowledge about Istio, Envoy, Observability, etc.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to serve in a support oriented role for cutting edge service mesh technologies. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver who resolves tickets rather than serve as an escalation robot. Every TSE at Tetrate has grown to fill bigger shoes in Customer Reliability Engineering, OSS Development, Customer Engineering, and more. This role has a massive opportunity for growth and professional development where you will be mentored by renowned engineers from Istio, Envoy, Skywalking, Wasm, and more.
- The TSE will collaborate with the CRE team to support Istio, Tetrate Service Bridge (TSB), and other related products in high-traffic, mission critical customer environments
- TSE is responsible for the Customer Support experience that our customers perceive. TSE will engage with Customers internal support teams to understand incidents and drive them to resolution, leveraging a top-notch Engineering team when needed.
- TSE will work with Product and Engineering in order to improve SLO providing Use Cases and prioritizations. The mix of technical knowledge and customer’s understanding is a unique and very valuable source for our release process.
- Experience supporting or troubleshooting Istio and/or relevant service mesh technologies in high-traffic, mission critical customer environments
- Experience managing and/or supporting load balancers, networking, and high traffic proxies
- Experience or willingness to learn software development in Golang
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a very short time window
- Ability to work with external users/customers to help make them successful in managing the product for their end users.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process.
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time.
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of best outcome for the team.
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Values autonomy and results over process
Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.