Distributed Systems Engineer- Management Plane - (Go)
Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
We are building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission-critical enterprise applications spanning both legacy and modern infrastructure. The Management Plane team is responsible for building the main experience of the platform, including the public-facing APIs users consume to configure, observe, and interact with the mesh, as well as the main workflows and processes that provide multi-tenancy and security to our hybrid and multi-cloud service mesh.
Bridging the gap between complex large infrastructures and flexible but manageable and meaningful APIs is challenging. We are looking for engineers with strong distributed systems experience to join our team and help build the runtime that will allow the platform to scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate in the architecture of the platform core runtime and its APIs.
- Design and implement an architecture for distributing a graph, with a special focus on data replication, propagation and the CAP theorem challenges.
- Contribute to a production-ready reference implementation of NGAC (Next Generation Access Control).
- Design and implement new NGAC access policies.
- Graph optimizations for different use cases such as graph traversal and graph reduction.
Skills You Have:
- Experience building and testing software using Go
- Experience writing gRPC APIs
- Experience with distributed systems and understanding of the CAP theorem
- “You build it, you run it” mindset. You will own the systems you design and will participate in the engineering on-call rotations
- Experience with the internals of distributed databases is a plus
- Solid understanding of with distributed system technologies such as replicated logs or CRDTs
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Good understanding of networking protocols, concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus
- Experience with authorization systems such as RBAC, ABAC is a plus
- Fundamentals-based problem-solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of the best outcome for the team
- Intellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Values autonomy and results over process
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.