Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 & 2023 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Currently, we are looking for a Software Engineer – Developer Productivity that will help improve the productivity of the entire engineering team at Tetrate. You will be responsible for everything from our build and testing automation, to the packaging and release of the final product. You will identify and provide tools to allow engineers to locate bottlenecks across their SDLC and partner to remove friction points. You will evaluate our build systems and expand our deployment automation to meet growing needs. Working with Bazel, Custom Tooling in Rust, and Tests of various qualities written in a variety of languages, you will influence the solution and business strategy, and tooling necessary to transform. If you care about the developer experience, have a passion for productivity, and have experience working on tests – you will find this role to be a fit for your wants.
- Understand developer workflows and Build Systems to improve build times with work for Bazel
- Partner with other engineering teams and develop scalable tools and infrastructure to develop, test, debug and release software quickly
- Design, develop and deliver distributed engineering build tools and platforms for a variety of codebase languages
- Help design new linters for the codebase in order to help enforce Quality API Usages, and ensure footguns don’t exist
- Fix Flakey End-to-End tests, and ensure our infrastructure can keep up with our Developers
- Help maintain the backend physical and virtual infrastructure that supports our CI/CD and Dev test environments
- Follow best practices for development
- Participate in code and design reviews
- You’ve worked with Bazel, and enjoy the Reliability/Scalability it provides
- You’re used to creating extra tooling for Builds, Cloud Caching, and help developers with their IDEs
- Familiar with the Challenges of Testing, and Enjoying making tests Correct, and Reliable
- “You build it, you run it” mindset. You will own the systems you design and will participate in the engineering on-call rotations
- Values autonomy and results over process
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.