Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables a safe and fast application modernization journey for our customers. We were recently named a 2022 & 2023 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
With multiple service mesh offerings for the enterprises, designed to meet them where they are and travel with them, and elevate them to a higher level of maturity progressively, through bleeding edge solutions and superior support experience, the Engineering Manager will make all this happen with a geographically widespread highly talented engineering team and maintaining a close interaction with field, product and support operations.
What You’ll Do:
Team Building : Focus and institutionalize global workforce growth by
- creating a diverse leadership bench,
- identifying and nurturing critical geography,specialization and resources with focus on A-talent retention
- Enhance engagement across geographies through async and online interactions and information sharing
Product Innovation: Execute the product innovation engine
- Improve release velocity, experimentation of features and ROI focussed product/feature innovation.
- Launch a PR worthy value add every quarter
- Nurture and Manage Product aligned OSS investments that have direct impact on the topline
- Focus on delivering and upgrading the user experience, troubleshooting experience and upgrade experience of customers and prospects
Field Interactions : Spearhead effective inter function communication
- Enhance effectiveness of communications between Engineering, Product and field (including presales, sales) to maximize value to Prospects and Customers
- Create efficiency through automation both for internal engineering productivity and customer facing and Support tool automation and improving quality of support
- Improve the quality of deliverable through more automation and tests
- Ensure proactive contribution of Engineering to Training and establish “Train the Trainer” as a part of the Engineering KPAs as this will have a direct impact on overall internal productivity and improved customer experience.
Operational Efficiency : Effectively measure, manage and improve
- Create success metrics for engineering innovation and engineering operations, subsequently track and improve
- Plan and Implement a cost effective growth plan taking advantage of geography.
- Owning corporate governance responsibilities
- 15+ years of product / team management exposure
- Experience in managing multiple geography based remote async operations
- Service Mesh or Network related product development experience
- Practicing Day-to-day involvement in technical and architectural discussions
- Regular customer interaction for engagement, articulation and customer success
- Istio/Envoy related engineering management
- Experience in managing teams directly in multiple timezones and multiple geographies
- Fundamentals-based problem-solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset. We are not “title” driven and we value results over process
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line with high quality and on time
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas; You contribute effectively outside of your specialty; You think about solving problems from the standpoint of the best outcome for the team
- Values autonomy and results over process
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.