The company’s language operations platform blends advanced artificial intelligence with human editors, for fast, efficient, high-quality translations that get smarter over time. Unbabel integrates seamlessly in any channel so that agents can deliver consistent multilingual support from within their existing workflows. Making it easy for enterprises to grow into new markets and build seamless customer experiences in every corner of the world.
Based in San Francisco, California, Unbabel works with leading customer support and marketing teams at brands such as Facebook, Microsoft, Booking.com, and Under Armour to communicate effortlessly with customers around the world, no matter what language they speak.
What’s the opportunity about?
Unbabel is looking for a Frontend Engineer to build, maintain and scale Unbabel’s interfaces, joining our Engineering teams in our Lisbon office.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading or contributing significantly to medium-to-large feature releases, writing performant and accessible components, and integrating frontend apps with multiple services/APIs. You will have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects and collaborate with other talented team members and stakeholders.
- Leading or significantly contributing to medium-to-large feature releases;
- Write performant and accessible components to support our user-centric experiences;
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of all UI/UX designs;
- Integrate frontend apps with multiple services/APIs;
- Write and maintain tests to ensure high code quality;
- Participate in code reviews to identify and help address security vulnerabilities, backward incompatibilities, and scalability issues;
- Respond to production issues in a timely manner;
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot the performance of the service;
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders;
- Identifying and solving problems quickly and efficiently, especially in an environment where there are time constraints and a need for rapid prototyping.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience;
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns;
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities;
- Familiarity with debugging and diagnosing code issues;
- Comfortable with working in, analyzing, and improving an existing codebase;
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements;
- Comfortable with English communication;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to collaborate across teams, demonstrate attention to detail, and possess a “can-do” attitude.
What to expect from our interview process?
- Interview with Recruiter;
- Take-home Frontend Challenge to complete in 7 working days;
- Technical Interview;
- Interview with VP of Engineering.
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups;
- A stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion;
- Health insurance;
- Stock options;
- Flexible working hours;
- Individual budget to set up your workstation;
- Budget for learning and development;
- Free office breakfast.
Unbabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)
Unbabel enables enterprises to offer seamless global support in any channel, and in any language.
The company’s AI-powered language operations platform combines the speed of machine translation with the polish of native-speaking editors, enabling enterprises to grow and build customer trust in every corner of the world.
Already working at Unbabel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.