Viz.ai is the pioneer in the use of AI algorithms and machine learning to increase the speed of diagnosis and care, covering more than 220 million lives across 1,500+ hospitals and health systems in the U.S. and Europe. The AI-powered Viz.ai® One is an intelligent care coordination solution that identifies more patients with a suspected disease, informs critical decisions at the point of care, and optimizes care pathways and helps improve outcomes. Backed by real-world clinical evidence, Viz.ai One delivers significant value to patients, providers, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies. For more information visit viz.ai.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated systems for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and deployment using Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Develop and manage CI/CD pipelines to automate software delivery, ensuring fast and reliable deployment of applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams while serving as the Subject Matter Expert for Viz’s internal infrastructure.
- Conduct thorough peer reviews of code, ensuring adherence to best practices, standards, and security protocols, leveraging version control systems (e.g., Git) effectively, overseeing code repositories, branching strategies, and facilitating collaborative development among team members.
- Work with Public Cloud and local hypervisors to architect and manage solutions, optimizing for performance, security, and cost-efficiency.
- Set up industry-standard monitoring systems like Prometheus and Grafana to track system performance, troubleshoot issues, and optimize resource utilization.
- Facilitate work with other development teams to design scalable, resilient, and secure solutions, aligning them with business goals and requirements.
- Utilize coding and scripting (Python, Bash, etc.) expertise to develop and maintain applications and automated solutions for infrastructure provisioning, configuration management, and deployment pipelines.
- Implement security best practices and integrate security measures at every layer of the Viz platform and infrastructure to ensure compliance and protection against threats.
- Embrace complete accountability for deliverables and participate in on-call rotations for the components under team responsibility, swiftly resolving issues as they arise.
- Automate patch management strategies for regular security updates while ensuring uptime through thorough testing and validation.
- Analyze system performance metrics, predict growth needs, and design scalable solutions to accommodate increasing demands.
- Convey technical information clearly to diverse teams and facilitate collaboration, problem-solving, and present complex concepts in an understandable manner for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Maintain documentation of systems, processes, and configurations, and share knowledge to enable team members to understand and operate the infrastructure effectively for internal and regulatory purposes.
- Proficiently track, prioritize, and execute tasks to ensure effective and timely completion and demonstrate an ability to consistently deliver project-based milestones on schedule while upholding high standards of quality.
- Represent our company values: patients first; time is brain, quality squared, kindness wins, and I am accountable.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about automation: Building and optimizing automated systems for deployment, scaling and infrastructure management is something you find rewarding.
- You want to make an impact: Working in an organization dedicated to transforming healthcare is a driving force for you.
- You enjoy driving efficiency: Optimizing workflows and ensuring seamless operations by implementing best practices and cutting-edge tools is your forte.
- You're dedicated to reliability and scalability: Designing and maintaining systems that are not only robust and secure but also capable of scaling to meet future demands aligns with your professional goals.
- You will love this job if you enjoy problem-solving: Embracing complex challenges and finding innovative solutions across diverse technical landscapes excites you.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment: Working closely with cross-functional teams and fostering communication among different departments energizes you.
- You have self-motivation to drive forward improvements: Being passionate about automation, you enjoy building and optimizing automated systems for deployment, scaling, and infrastructure management.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Linux system administration
- Minimum 5 years experience with Bash and Git
- Minimum 3 years experience with Networking, including routing, NAT, Tunneling and the full understanding of the OSI 7 layer model
- Minimum 3 years experience with Ansible
- Minimum 3 years experience with in managing cloud environments through Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Minimum 2 years experience with OCI compliant containers
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing OpenTelemtry-based monitoring
- Minimum 2 year experience in writing Python
- Minimum 1 year experience with Kubernetes (K8S) or similar container management solutions
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, GSuite, Jira and Confluence
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers
- This position is 100% remote
- Experience with AWS, Terragrunt, and security is a plus
Viz offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous vacation, and other great benefits to full-time employees.
Viz.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require Viz.ai employees to be fully vaccinated before any in-person meetings unless you are exempt.
Salary Range: $118,500 - $153,500