Sales Development Representative
Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
In this role, you'll uncover and qualify new opportunities in our target market. Your success will be measured by your ability to create opportunities that lead to new business.
We are looking for tenacious self-starters who are eager to advance their careers. As a Sales Development Representative at Comet, you'll play a vital role in our growth, building on our success with Enterprise clients like Uber, Netflix, Etsy and more! You will play a role in executing our strategic plan to partner with data science teams around the world.
This role will collaborate across our sales and marketing teams to manage a wide range of direct outreach and email campaigns, aimed at starting conversations with data scientists and data science leaders. We trust you to evangelize Comet, open doors to new opportunities, and consistently exceed targets. Join us and experience the extraordinary growth of our company!
What's in it for You
- The opportunity to generate new business opportunities that fuel our growth
- Creation and prioritization of strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and account building, including adding contacts, sending emails, and strategic calling
- Engage in high-level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Achieve monthly quotas
- Competitive compensation package including a solid base salary and commission structure
- Research non-client accounts and execute cold outreach (calls, emails, contact research) to educate prospects on the value of Comet
- Support account-based marketing strategy by using different channels to target specific prospects with a specific message
- Leverage Salesforce.com and other tools provided to research and maintain accurate contact information, account details, and activity data daily
- Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual metrics, targets, and/or revenue objectives
- Maintain knowledge of Comet’s products and services, AI/data science industry and territory trends, as well as client updates
- Qualify and set up appointments per month for the Account Executive
Experience & Qualifications:
We are seeking individuals who have a proven track record of excellence while also possessing critical thinking skills to drive customer growth and contribute to our organization's success.
- 1+ years of SDR experience preferably in a fast moving startup environment. SaaS technology is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of an Account Based Marketing (ABM) prospecting motion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Motivation, drive, and a proactive attitude
- Aptitude for understanding customer needs and effectively matching them with our product
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Experience with a sales stack that includes: 6sense, SalesLoft / Outreach, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator etc.
- Intrinsic drive to succeed and a passion for winning: You take initiative, give your absolute best, and strive for excellence.
- Clear and concise communicator: Using the language that resonates with our customers, you help them understand the value that Comet delivers.
- Innate curiosity: You thoroughly understand your buyers, their businesses, and the significant impact Comet has on their success.
- Collaboration and teamwork: While competition exists, you prioritize collaboration, sharing what works, supporting the team's success, and taking on projects beyond closing deals.