Sr. Python Engineer
Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
As an SDK Engineer, you will create and maintain the Comet’s SDK including integrations between the Comet products and machine learning tools and frameworks. You will be responsible for bringing the best experience possible to Comet users whatever tools or frameworks they are using. You will work in close collaboration with the Product and Frontend team internally as well as represent Comet whenever we contribute to Open-Source projects. This role requires someone who is both highly technical and a good communicator and team player.You will be working with a global team (presences in the US, Israel, and EU) – so some flexibility with work hours is required.
- Works closely with the Product team to craft the best user-friendly API and delight our end-users.
- Make sure our SDKs work in all kinds of environments our customers use, from Laptops to Distributed Clusters via Serverless.
- Maintaining our testing suite to ensure we catch bugs before our customers do.
- Monitor and improve performance anytime our customers push our limits.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering and best practices In Python
- Team spirit
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with applied machine learning is a plus
- Have a good understanding of AI and ML
- Worked on SaaS Systems
- Have contributed to open-source projects .
- Have been a “go-to” person in your previous teams/organizations.
- Have a get-things-done approach.